Reasons To Work With A Realtor
There are many reasons to work with a Realtor when selling your home. Although it might be tempting to try and sell it yourself, consider the negative consequences because they may be numerous. The falsehood that you'll make more by selling a property yourself because you'll save commission expenses is a misconception many home sellers fall into. The reasons to work with a Realtor far outweigh the benefits you might think you'll gain by buying or selling yourself.
According to the National Association of Realtors, sellers actually sell for less when they try selling on their own. That's because of their lack of knowledge in negotiation, law, property valuation and lots more. These are legitimate reasons to work with a Realtor.
The same is true when buying. You need someone in your court to protect you from fraud, unscrupulous sellers, inspection issues, repair problems and costs. A very important part of a buyer's agent's job is property valuation. This is critical and prevents you from overpaying for a property, something every buyer wants to avoid.
Here are many reasons to work with a Realtor you'll want to consider.
1. Negotiates terms of sale or purchase, including concessions or repairs
2. Pre-qualifies prospects for safety and to protect customers' time and personal property
3. Assists, coordinates and delivers the contract to seller/buyer
4. Completes a Comparative Market Analysis to accurately price the home
5. Lists your property in multiple MLS boards for maximum exposure
6. Conducts virtual and in-person open houses to get your home sold
7. Accompanies buyer to the final walk-through
8. Gives property preparation suggestions for the highest sale price
9. Lists your home in numerous listing portals and online publications
10. Markets your property through social media, video, networking, and pitch sessions with other Realtors
11. Offers information on local amenities, local market research and HOA/Condo Association governance guidance
12. Provides and coordinates all access to homes with your favorite features
12. Analyzes comparable home sales and assists you in making an offer on your new home
13. Provides support throughout the process and after closing.
14. Creates a list of available homes and schedules viewing appointments (virtual and physical)
15. Coordinates all requested inspections and provides access to others as needed
16. Coordinates closing with lender, title company, customer and all parties in a transaction
17. Adheres to a strict code of ethics
For many more reasons to work with a Realtor, call your Treasure Coast Living Blogger, Mona Leonard, at 772-530-6131, or email her at Mona@StuartHousesForSale.com